The importance of septic tank maintenance can’t be emphasized enough. That’s why we, at Liberty Septic, want you to learn some basic things to keep your system working efficiently.
When a drain field fails or a system requires replacement, we can almost always attribute septic tank problems to a lack of proper maintenance. Both the drain field and the tank must be well-maintained. If you are conscientious, your system should give you hassle-free service for many years.
Septic tank maintenance starts right at home with good waste disposal and water conservation habits. Here are some dos and don’ts:
- Cut back on water consumption.
- Limit use of the garbage disposal. If possible, do away with it altogether.
- Don’t pour cooking oils or grease down the sink.
- Be sure faucets and toilets aren’t running unnecessarily or leaking.
- Regularly have the tank pumped out by a licensed plumber, generally every 2 to 3 years.
- Avoid using bath oils.
- Don’t flush anything down the toilet other than toilet paper and human waste.
- Don’t plant bushes, trees or other intrusive, thirsty vegetation near the drain field.
- Never pour drywall mud, paint, grout or similar compounds down the drain.
- Go ‘green’ with detergents, soaps and other household products.
- Do not park or drive on the drain field.
We offer a full range of residential and commercial services, including septic tank maintenance, in the following areas: Brandon, Plant City, Haines City, Lake Wales, Poinciana, and Tampa, Florida, as well as Hillsborough, Pasco and Osceola Counties. Contact us today for more information.