How Conscientious Are You About Septic Tank Maintenance?
The importance of septic tank maintenance can’t be emphasized enough. That’s why we, at Liberty Plumbing and Septic, want you to learn some basic things to keep your system working efficiently.
When a drain field fails or a system requires replacement, we can almost always attribute septic tank problems to a lack of proper maintenance. Both the drain field and the tank must be well-maintained. If you are conscientious, your system should give you hassle-free service for many years.
Septic tank maintenance starts right at home with good waste disposal and water conservation habits. Here are some dos and don’ts:
- Cut back on water consumption.
- Limit use of the garbage disposal. If possible, do away with it altogether.
- Don’t pour cooking oils or grease down the sink.
- Be sure faucets and toilets aren’t running unnecessarily or leaking.
- Regularly have the tank pumped out by a licensed plumber, generally every 2 to 3 years.
- Avoid using bath oils.
- Don’t flush anything down the toilet other than toilet paper and human waste.
- Don’t plant bushes, trees or other intrusive, thirsty vegetation near the drain field.
- Never pour drywall mud, paint, grout or similar compounds down the drain.
- Go ‘green’ with detergents, soaps and other household products.
- Do not park or drive on the drain field.
We offer a full range of residential and commercial services, including septic tank maintenance, in the following areas: Brandon, Plant City, Haines City, Lake Wales, Poinciana, and Tampa, Florida, as well as Hillsborough, Pasco and Osceola Counties. Contact us today for more information.