Your hot water heater is the second biggest energy-consuming appliance in your home. A standard 5-gallon electric water heater costs you about $520 a year @ 10.6c per kilowatt per hour. A lot of this energy is consumed while you’re not even using the water heater, so you’re wasting hundreds of dollars.
Luckily, there’s a better product on the market – a tankless water heater which heats water only when you need it. See this illustration showing how a gas powered appliance works:
A gas tankless water heater has some key advantages:
- More Hot Water: You can run more appliances at the same time with a tankless water heater – for example, take a shower while the laundry and dishwasher are going.
- No More Cold Showers: Water is heated only when needed, so you won’t ever run out of hot water. In comparison, a 50-gallon electric water heater takes more than 1 hour to recover hot water completely.
- Save Money: Because you use hot water only when you need it, you could lower your energy costs by as much as 30% over the course of a year.
- Less Waste: Many tankless water heaters are manufactured with recycled materials, so they won’t end up in landfills like their ‘tank’ counterparts.
- Cleaner Water: Conventional water heaters build up scale and rust inside the tanks. With a tankless water heater, your water will be cleaner and fresher.
- Space Saving: You can place a tankless water heater almost anywhere in your home. It can be hung on a wall either outside or inside the house or placed under a sink, allowing you to reclaim valuable closet or floor space.
If you need tankless water heater repair in Lakeland FL, contact us at Liberty Plumbing & Septic. Our 20+ years of experience and dedication sets us apart from other companies. Give us a call today.